Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Favorite Question Ever (Not)

Just a short post today, since although it is my day off I'm still really busy. Okay, so yesterday was my day off too, but I ended up playing at Downtown Disney with a few friends (went and saw Eclipse and did some shopping, another post on that later maybe) so today I have to catch up on all the chores. Like laundry, etc. Bleh.

Tuesday was my second stock shift, and I learned the second fundamental rule of stocking: Whenever you are actually doing something you will get asked a question. Whenever you have nothing to do, everyone will go out of their way to ignore you. Ah well, life goes on I suppose.

And which question did I get the most on Tuesday? Well, it's one I've gotten with increased frequency over the past week or so. I've gotten some stupid questions before, but I think this one takes the cake. It goes something like this:

Guest: Do you work here?

I mean, really? Really? I'll admit I like my costume, but I certainly don't wear it just for fun. Oh, and the name tag might be a dead giveaway as well. And how about the fact that I'm using a register? They don't let just anyone use those you know!

Okay, rant over. And here's one more question I've gotten a lot lately:

Guest: Speak Spanish?
Me: No, I'm sorry, I don't speak Spanish.
Guest: (Proceeds to ask their question in Spanish anyway).

And there you have it. Until next time, have a great day everyone!


Have a Disney-related question about the parks, movies, or even about me? Check out the Ask A Cast Member feature and send in your questions!

0 comments:

Have a Disney-related question about the parks, movies, or even about me? Check out the Ask A Cast Member feature and send in your questions!